The Reception Coordinator is a responsible deputy reporting to and under the general supervision of the Senior Administrative Supervisor. The Reception Coordinator performs experienced administrative/computer work necessary to provide voter registration and other voter services in accordance with Florida Statutes. Primary focus is on effective and efficient customer service, data entry, records maintenance, and receiving and processing vendors, visitors, and public at the Election Support Center according to security protocols.
- First point of contact for vendors and receiving deliveries, taking appropriate action for each, including notification of the appropriate parties and supplying access badges as needed.
- Greet and direct any persons attending public meetings according to established security protocols.
- Process new voter registration, registration updates/changes, mail ballot requests, mail, and other voting information.
- Research voter records and assist in solving issues related to the succession of a voter’s registration record.
- Answer and direct incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner. Providing backup telephone support to all departments.
- Support Operations by assisting with all duties as needed, including, but not limited to, processing petitions and mail ballot department functions.
- Assist in the preparation of elections and post-election activities as needed.
- Handle special projects and other duties as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of clerical experience to include extensive computer use in a customer service, public service or business office environment, or a two year Associates Degree in a business related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Able to manage stressful situations with clarity and appropriate action
- Confident and friendly attitude when meeting with the public
- Strong situational awareness and observation skills
- Excellent computer skill including Microsoft Office Suite and data entry
- Experienced in quality customer service and serving the public
- Ability to review and interpret election statutes and rules
- Excellent communications skills, including active listening, speaking and writing
- Capable of working with minimum direction and as a team player when required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to use discretion and judgment in carrying out administrative details
- Must be a registered voter in Brevard County.
- Possession of a valid Florida Drivers’ License
- Overtime is required
- Ability to sit for 5-8 hours daily
- Frequent periods of standing for 1-3 hours
- Lifting items of 35 lbs or less on occasion
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Are you willing to undergo a background screening?
- Are you a registered voter in Brevard County?
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
To apply, please email your resume to Employment@VoteBrevard.gov referencing this position.