The Elections Assistant is a responsible deputy reporting to and under the general supervision of the Senior Administrative Supervisor, and direct supervision of an Office Manager. The Elections Assistant performs experienced administrative/computer work necessary to provide voter registration and other voter services in accordance with Florida Statutes. Primary focus is on effective and efficient customer service, data entry, and records maintenance.
- Processes new voter registration, registration updates/changes, mail ballot requests, returned mail, and other voting information.
- Provides voter registration and elections information in person, by mail, via e-mail and over the telephone according to State law, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Answers and directs all incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner. Provides backup telephone support to all departments as necessary.
- Researches voter records and assists in solving issues related to the succession of a voter’s registration record.
- Quality control of registration records.
- Assists voters with early voting and voting by mail ballot.
- Assists in the preparation of elections and post-election activities as needed.
- Receives, sorts, and distributes a variety of correspondence and deliveries.
- Provides backup support for voter outreach programs.
- Handles special projects and other duties as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1 year of clerical experience to include extensive computer use in a customer service, public service or business office environment, or a two year Associates Degree in a business related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Fluent in Spanish (preferred).
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and data entry.
- Experienced in quality customer service and serving the public.
- Ability to review and interpret election statutes and rules.
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Capable of working with minimum direction and as a team player when required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to use discretion and judgment in carrying out administrative details.
- Must be a registered voter in Brevard County.
- Possession of a valid Florida Driver License.
- Overtime is required.
- Ability to sit for 5-8 hours daily
- Frequent periods of standing for 1-3 hours
- Lifting items of 35 lbs or less on occasion
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
Work Location: In person
To apply, please email your resume to Employment@VoteBrevard.gov referencing this position.