STUDENT ELIGIBILITY (To be eligible for the FSE Scholarship the student applicant shall)
- Be a Political Science/Public Administration/Business Administration or Journalism/Mass Communication major.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Have been a resident of Florida for two years preceding the academic year for which an application is made.
- Be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in a senior college or university in Florida. No post-graduate or second-degree students.
- Be at least a junior in college or have enough credits for enrollment as a junior prior to the application deadline.
- Submit two current letters of recommendation: one from the college or university last attended or graduated from; and one from a citizen of good standing in the community.
- Submit a resume of your high school and/or college activities, as well as what you have done for your community.
- Demonstrate a financial need and furnish a financial statement, which shows what your own contribution is to your educational expenses. (Student does not have to submit an official form, can just send a statement of their financial need.)
- Have maintained a "C" average or above for the previous school year.
- Be available for an interview by the Supervisor of Elections in the county where you are registered to vote.
- BE REGISTERED TO VOTE. (Written verification required by Supervisor submitting application where you are registered to vote.)
Scholarship must be given to student attending a Florida university or college, which is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
The scholarship check will be made payable to the winning applicant AND to the school where they will be attending.
- Must apply in accordance with all eligibility requirements. (Failure to do so could result in non-consideration).
- Must continue to meet all initial eligibility requirements.
- Must maintain a "C" average or above.
- Must remain in good standing at the institution.
- Must be received by the Supervisor of Elections in the county that you are registered in by March 10, 2023.
- Letters of recommendation MUST ACCOMPANY APPLICATION OR BE RECEIVED BY THE DEADLINE.
Each county's Supervisor will review all applications received and select one finalist to be sent to the FSE Scholarship Committee, along with a letter of recommendation for the applicant. The FSE Scholarship Committee will select FOUR winners ($1,200 each) from the finalists submitted by the Supervisors. A student who has received the scholarship award may make a second application the following year.
Guidelines and Application PDF
Mail, Email, or Drop off the application above to:
PO Box 410819
Melbourne, FL 32941-0819
Supervisor of Elections - Titusville
400 South Street
Titusville, FL 32780-7610
Supervisor of Elections - Melbourne
1515 Sarno Road
Melbourne, FL 32935-5293
Supervisor of Elections - Viera
2725 Judge Fran Jamieson Way
Building C, Suite 105
Viera, FL 32940-6605
Supervisor of Elections – Palm Bay
450 Cogan Drive SE
Palm Bay, FL 32909-6869